Our curriculum is based on the methods and materials created by Dr. Maria Montessori and developed by American Montessori teachers. The materials and exercises are offered in a prepared environment that is designed to meet the needs of each student.
Group and individual lessons include:
- ~Sensorial exercises to heighten and refine the five senses.
- ~Language activities and exercises to develop skills in reading, writing, and vocabulary-building.
- ~Geography lessons about the countries and cultures of the world.
- ~Science activities to introduce the wonders of the natural world.
- ~Mathematics including number sequence, addition, subtraction, and higher operations.
- ~Practical Life exercises to help refine motor skills and develop grace and courtesy.
Our other curricular activities include daily music lessons and a wide variety of art projects. Also included are gross motor activities, outdoor play, games, nature walks and pony rides. Field trips are taken each year to various places like the Missouri Botanical Garden, Grant’s Farm, Apple Picking, the Pumpkin Patch and the St. Louis Zoo.
The learning environment includes:
- ~A diverse set of Montessori material activities and experiences.
- ~Schedule that allows large blocks of uninterrupted learning time.
- ~Classroom atmosphere that encourages social interaction.
- ~Space for personal, small group, and whole class learning activities.
- ~Identifiable ground rules.
- ~Aesthetically pleasing environment.